Cromwell Architects Engineers is Moving
After over 40 years anchoring the Convention District in downtown Little Rock, Cromwell Architects Engineers is moving to the former Stebbins and Roberts building in the East Village. Dubbed simply The Paint Factory, the complex is also home to 12 Star Flats, Catheads Diner, the Printshop, and a community room called the Mixing Room. We will officially be in our new home at 1300 East 6th on Monday, March 26th.
Built in 1947, the building is an intact example of a post-war commercial and industrial building and is the only industrial building designed by Burks and Anderson, prominent Arkansas architects. Cromwell purchased the building in the fall of 2015 and worked with developer Moses Tucker to turn the 50,000 SF former factory and office space into a mixed use development while retaining the historic elements of the building. The building listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Paint Factory renovation is the flagship project of a larger revitalization of East Village. It is our hope that this project will reconnect the East Village with the rest of downtown and ignite growth in an area of our city that has been neglected for too long. East Village exists as the oldest remaining industrial complex in Little Rock and perhaps in the entire state. Inspiring change and fostering community growth is in Cromwell's DNA as a company. It is the driving force behind what we do and the legacy of Mr. Cromwell.
To find out more about East Village and the Paint Factory please follow us on Facebook, @thepaintfactoryineastvillage, and Instagram @paintfactorylr.